What Do You Need To Be Eligible For The PGP 2020?
During the start of this month, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has affirmed the details of sorting out the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) 2020. PGP will be opened between October 13 at 12 PM EDT and November 3 at 12 PM EST. In this period, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be easily submitted concerning sponsor form on the IRCC’s website.
After that, IRCC will anyhow select the perfect sponsors and will invite them to submit the applications.
IRCC will get up to 10000 applications for the PGP 2020. They also expressed that they will sort out another admission period in which they will be tolerating altogether 30000 applications from one year from now.
If you receive the invitation from the IRCC after November 3, then you will be given 60 days to submit your completed sponsorship application.
What is the qualification rules for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
If you want to get eligible for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020, the sponsors need to:
- It would help if you were a Canadian resident, PR or an enlisted Indian Canadian under the Indian Act:
- Your age needs to be less than 18 years of age.
- You need to live in Canada.
- To support all the sponsored family members financially for 20 years.
- You need to repay the social assistance that is paid to the sponsor family members for over 20 years.
- If the sponsor lives in Quebec, then you need to sign an additional undertaking along with Quebec.
- The undertaking period of Quebec is around ten years.
- The sponsors need to prove that they have met all the income requirements by submitting the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) notices of assessment if you live in the province or area outside of Quebec.
If you have to show your income for the past three tax years, but the requirement will be one year if you live in Quebec.
You should have a spouse or a common-law partner and a co-signer that will help you.
Along with meeting the income requirements, they need to meet the eligibility criteria and adhere to the 20-year undertaking period.
The purpose of the undertaking is to ensure that you are providing financing to the sponsored members.
How would I figure my family size for the Parents and Grandparents Program 2020?
Family size is those number of individuals for whom you will be financially qualified for,
For figuring your family size, you have to tally,
- Your spouse and your common-law partner,
- Dependent Children (That includes those children who are under 22 years of age and they are not married neither they are in a common-law relationship)
- This will also have those young children at the beginning of the year they were born
- Your spouse and your partner’s dependent children.
- Any family member you and your partner co-signer (if entitled) who was sponsored before and for whom you are still responsible for,
- Parents and Grandparent and their dependents whom who want to sponsor
- Dependent children who will not come to Canada with your parents and grandparents
- Your parents and grandparents, spouse and partner, are not coming to Canada.
- Your parents and grandparents separated spouse.
IRCC has said that they are going to receive applications in the January and February 2021, and they will crosscheck income of sponsor in 2020, 2019, and 2018 tax years. Sponsor will then be allowed to submit their application to IRCC when they have raised the Canada revenue agency notice of assessment.
How might I apply?
Step 1: You must ensure that you have satisfied all the qualification models,
Step 2: You have to finish the support structure on the site of IRCC in the mid of October 13 to November 3.
Step 3: After finishing over three steps, you have to hang tight for the reaction that you are in that 10000 application which will be chosen arbitrarily by the IRCC.
Step 4: After that, you need to submit the completed sponsorship program application within the coming 60 days
How can I apply from Quebec?
Step 1: You need to be confirmed that you have completed all the eligibility criteria.
Step 2: You have to complete the interest to the sponsor form on October 13 at IRCC’s site until the mid of November 3.
Step 3: You need to hold back to watch that you have been drawn by IRCC or not.
Step 4: You have to present the Completed sponsorship application to the IRCC in 60 days.
Step 5: You have to obtain the Quebec Selection Certificate (“CSQ in French”) from the Quebec government and will be submitted to the IRCC as a part of the application.