What Kind Of Visas Do You Need To Come To Canada For Conferences And Conventions?
During the period of pandemic situation. It isn’t easy to hold any events globally, like in Canada. However, some of them are already planned to organize the conferences and conventions. On the other hand, certain event organizers are planning to host several conferences in 2022.
If you are a citizen and have a permanent resident in the United States, you can visit Canada. According to the prime minister of Canada, “Justin Trudeau,” announced that by 7 September, the border would be open for those who are fully vaccinated from the rest of the world.
The federal authorities decide the Public well-being measures on worldwide travellers. So if you are planning to come to Canada, you need to verify the present measures at any time. And these present measures are applied across the country.
The Federal policies and provincial limitations can be spot on any government website.
Also, the CBSA (The Canadian Border Services Agency) website serves the checklists for the paperwork and guidelines that you will need to take while crossing the border.
So, in this guide, you will learn about visitor visas, work permits, and overcoming felony inadmissibility. Then let’s take deep dive:
The Attendees and presenters need different documents:
People who want to visit Canada to attend a conference and convention as well. Then they require authorization to enter the country like an eTA or a visitor’s visa. A work permit is not required only for citizens of the United States and preparing to visit Canada. So they can get authorization easily at the border. However, the rest will need either an eTA or visitor’s visa.
ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization):
ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization. It is a digital journey authorization. You need to fill the form through the “government of Canada’s official website”, which will hardly take less than a couple of minutes to finish. Or sometimes, it takes days to process. The cost of this form is only CAD 7. This is valid for over up to 5 years.
What you need to complete the eTA online form?
- Make sure you have a valid passport that is issued by the visa-exempt country.
- You should have a valid email address.
- And must have these following cards to make payment of eTA online form:
- Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®,
- Pre-paid Visa®, MasterCard® or American Express®,
- Visa Debit, or Debit MasterCard,
- Union Pay®
- JCB Card®, or
- It will help if you have a print of your receipt in the right way.
The application process of eTA:
- Step 1: Keep your passport, debit, or credit card ready, and thoroughly read the help document.
- Step 2: always apply online form. And keep your information ready because the form can’t be saved.
- Step 3: Make a payment for your eTA of CAD 7 after completing the form.
- Step 4: Receive an email about your eTA application. Most of them are approved within a couple of minutes.
- Step 5: You will need to submit the required documents before your application can be approved. If this will happen to you, an email will be sent with some instructions within 72 hours.
TRV (Temporary Resident Visa):
TRV is also known as a visitor visa, or we can say a short-lived resident visa. For example, a person is visiting Canada for more than 4-5 days to present a conference meeting related to their work.
Also requires authorization to enter the country and a work permit as well. It generally depends on which country an individual is traveling from, will still require a visiting visa or an eTA. However, they will be treated as business visitors.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRV:
- Must have a valid travel document, like a passport.
- Health status should be good.
- Make sure you must have no criminal.
- Sometimes you will need to submit your biometric.
CROSSING THE BORDER HAVING A HISTORY OF CRIME
Ultimately, you will lose the chance to go to Canada if you have a felony record. Every person has a different scenario. Some criteria determine that a person is criminally inadmissible or not. Such as:
- The type and variety of crimes.
- Jail sentence dimensions, if any
- How long it has been since completing the sentence (Jail, fine, and probation).
There are three conceivable solutions to overcome inadmissibility:
- TRP (Temporary Resident Permit).
- Criminal rehabilitation.
- Legal Opinion Letter.
Hopefully, this information would be advantageous for you.