Canada Provincial Nominee Program
Provincial Nominee Program Canada – How to Get Canadian Permanent Residence?
Individuals who want to immigrate and settle in a particular province can be nominated by the provinces and territories under Provincial Nominee Program Canada.
Except for Quebec and Nunavut which don’t have provincial nominee programs, each province has its own program for Canada provincial nomination. Each PNP has one stream for immigration aligned with the federal immigration selection system for Express Entry.
Issued under the streams aligned under Express Entry, provincial nominations are well regarded as enhanced nominations and Express Entry candidates are awarded 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
With over 80 streams for provincial immigration, it is not easy to find the best way for Canadian immigration according to your needs.
How Does PNP Work?
Workers who meet the following criteria can apply under PNP –
- Wanted to be a permanent resident in Canada.
- Wanted to live in the province.
- Have proper skill sets, education, and work experience to help in the economic growth of a particular province or territory.
The key requirements and streams also vary in various provinces and territories. Territories and provinces in a program stream may target –
- business people
- semi-skilled workers
- skilled workers
How to Apply?
The application process you are going to choose depends on the PNP stream you will apply for. You might want to apply through online mode using Express Entry or offline, a paper-based process. You will need to get a police verification certificate and pass the medical test for the process. Everyone should undergo these tests, no matter where they want to settle in Canada.
- You should meet the eligibility needs of the province you are nominated in
- Apply to the territory or province to seek nomination under non-Express Entry
- After getting nominated, present your duly-signed application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence
- You need to clear medical tests and get a police verification certificate. Everyone should undergo these checks for all provinces in Canada
- The time required for the application process is longer than with Express Entry
Applying through Express Entry
You can apply through two different ways in the online process for Express Entry –
- Contact the territory or province and apply under Express Entry for nomination.
- Once you are selected for nomination by the territory or province, create a profile for Express Entry (or update the same if you have one already) and show your nomination.
- You can create your profile and show that you are into the territories and provinces.
- If you get a ‘notification of interest’ from a territory or province, contact them.
- If you are nominated, you can apply to Express Entry stream and you will be offered with the province through your account and you can accept it online.
In both cases –
- You have to meet eligibility requirements of territory or province, and
- You need to furnish your Express Entry profile and meet the minimum requirements like eligibility for one of the immigration programs covered.
- Once invited, submit an online application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
Why Choose AandC Immigration?
AandC Immigration is the leading immigration consultancy in Delhi backed by an efficient and professional team. We have helped more than 15,00 applicants to get PR visas to settle in Canada successfully. We are known for 100% success rate which redefines our expertise and track record in immigration services. We ensure an error-free application process so you can easily get your Canada Permanent Residency visa.
Not just that, our post-landing services are also there to serve you. We have helped a lot of clients to settle in Canada smoothly. If you are planning to move to Canada with a PR Express Entry visa, feel free to get in touch with us. Our team will be happy to serve you.