Quebec Immigration Application Changes For 2021
Quebec is now significantly increasing its immigration processing fees from January 1, 2021.
This increase in fees will take place every year and is dependent on the annual change in the average all-items consumer price index.
The following are the fee that effectively was increased on January 1, 2021, in Quebec:
- The charges of the principal candidates who are currently applying as skilled workers have been increased from $812 to $822;
- The fees for every family members followed by the principal applicants has now increased from $174 to $176;
- The charges for certifying a permanent job offer or determining its outcome on the Quebec labor market has now been expanded from $202 to $205;
- Fees for the principal business immigration applicants that includes Quebec investors, Quebec entrepreneurs, and Quebec self-employed workers has now increased from $15,763 to $15,962 and from $1,099 to $1,113 commonly for the last two groups;
- Temporary workers and foreign student applications fees have been expanded from $202 to $205;
- The fees for the Comparative assessments for studies outside Quebec have now increased from $121 to $123.
The above-given fee structure is directly based on the processing of the application to immigrate to Quebec. Once, you complete your immigration application, and then you will be asked to pay the fees based on your file that includes, for instance, the cost of supporting documents, translations, or language tests.
More changes coming early next year
Moreover, Quebec lately declared the changes for submitting application documents for the foreign nationals under the Foreign Student Program (FSP) and the Quebec Experience Program. From January 26, 2021, it will be compulsory for all the submitted applications through these programs to be conducted electronically. After the mentioned date, i.e. January 26, 2021, Quebec’s Ministry of immigration will not receive any paper applications.
An application under the FSP must be submitted online over the online application for temporary selection for studies.
If the application is submitted under the PEQ, then the online services are expected to avail on the Arrima Portal around mid-January. All the supporting documents, which include an application form and fee payments, must be completed through Arrima on January 26, 2021.
Whereas Quebec also declared regarding the electronic transmission of documents that will be compulsory for the three of the new permanent immigration pilot projects, which will start its implementation in 2021, which is as follows:
- The pilot program for orderlies;
- The pilot program for workers in the artificial intelligence (AI), information technologies (IT), and visual effects sectors;
- The pilot program for workers in food processing (FP).
Admission targets for 2021 in Quebec
In the year 2021, Quebec has set the objective of 27,500 to 29,300 new confirmations for its financial migration programs, including a limit of 24,200 skilled workers.
They also planned for a maximum of 4,300 admissions for its business immigration programs, including the Quebec Entrepreneur Program and the Self-Employed Program.
However, 800 admissions is appointed for other economic categories like live-in caregivers and others.
The other 10,200 new permanent residents are looking to arrive under the family sponsorship, refugee, and other immigration programs.