What You Need To Know About Canada’s New Immigration Programs?

Canada’s New Immigration Programs

Canada is opening new immigration routes mainly for the international students, French speakers and essential workers in the country.

From 6 May, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will open the ways for the 90,000 essential workers and International graduate students on temporary status in Canada. Moreover, they will also introduce the immigration program to welcome an unlimited number of French speakers.

The new immigration is mainly for the qualified temporary residents who are willing to immigrate to any Canadian region except Quebec. This is because the latest immigration programs were launched by the Canadian federal government, which do not have sufficient resources to make immigration policy in Quebec.

This new program will welcome the immigrants until November 5 or until its intake limit are reached. The total number of eligible health care occupation is 40. Also, the additional 95 eligible occupations for several other essential workers across the range of industry includes sales, agriculture and construction.

Applying candidates needs to mention their qualified family members name in their application whether they live in Canada or abroad countries. Every name included in the application need to be admissible to Canada, which means that they have to fulfill the general criminality and medical requirements.

Some of the general eligibility requirements for the new programs are as follows:

International student graduates

Canada will invite up to 40,000 new international students graduates as permanent residents.

To get eligible for the programs, you should be graduated from the post-secondary Designated Learning Institution (DLI) after January 2017 and before your application submission. You should be working in Canada while your application submission. Ensure work shouldn’t be self-employed.

Your diploma or degree should be from the DLI in Quebec. Moreover, you should apply to live in a region other than Quebec.

Usually, the duration of the program should not be less than eight months. The length of your each diploma study program (Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) or an Attestation of Vocational Specialization (AVS) should be at least 900 hours, and when talking of its combined length, then it should be at least 1800 hours.

Essential workers in healthcare

This year, IRCC is looking forward to welcome up to 20,000 new permanent residents through the temporary stream for healthcare workers in Canada. In most economic-class immigration programs, it is essential to have skilled work experience to get eligible. It is not like that you require to have one year of Canadian work experience in an eligible profession for this program.

The total number of eligible occupations for health care is 40, which involves nurses, pharmacists and physicians. However, some social work-related professionals are under this group, like social and community service workers, home support workers, and social workers.

The applicants should have one year of eligible full-time work experience within three years from your application date.

You can’t be self employer unless you are a medical doctor in fee for service with the health authority.

Essential workers in other occupations

Under this program, Canada invites up to 30,000 new permanent residents having work experience in essential occupation all across the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels. There are 95 eligible occupations such as retail salesperson, construction trades laborers and general farm workers.

A minimum of one year of full time working experience is required within three years before your application. During your application, you need to be employed, but as per the government, employment must be in any occupation other than self-employed work.

French-speaking international student graduates

This new stream program is mainly for the new French-speaking international student graduates who are presently residing in Canada. You might not intend to move to Quebec but can still qualify for the program through Quebec based education.

To get eligible for the program, you should be working in Canada during the time of your application. Also, you should be graduated from the Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) at the post-secondary level after January 2017.