hong kong QMAS visa
Hong Kong for sure is one of the most happening places in the world. From advanced technology, great infrastructure to the highest level of skilled migrant workers – Hong Kong has it all. Now, it opens up the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS).
It is an entrant scheme which aims to attract talent from different parts of the globe to increase its economic competitiveness in the world market. Thus, it maintains the tag of being a significant financial center in Asia.
Hong Kong calls skilled foreign workers to its turf to live and work there. Allows them to migrate with their families i.e. their spouse and children below 18, and explore related employment opportunities.
The process of filing for QMAS is simple. It requires you to take any one of the two points-based tests – General Points Test or Achievement Based Points Test. These tests ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria such as age, education, language, experience, character, and financial resources.
Once you clear the test and obtain the required score, a visa application can be filed with the Hong Kong Immigration Department. The application goes through the selection process conducted by the department and the results are shared on the official website and a notification is sent to you thereafter. If the application is selected, the applicant will receive an approval-in-principle, followed by the issuance of Visa/entry permit.
Check eligibility with AANDC Immigration. Good if you can talk to our immigration experts prior to initiating the process.
- Successful applicants receive an initial 2-year visa and extendable for 3 years and another 3 years upon satisfaction of extension conditions.
- If a person who has been issued the initial visa of no less than 2 years can demonstrate that he/she has an assessable income for salaries tax of not less than HK$2 million in the previous year of tax assessment, an extension of stay on time limitation only without other conditions of stay for a period of six years may normally be granted.
- The offer of local employment is not required before migrating to Hong Kong.
- Take your family spouse and unmarried dependent children under 18 along.
- Apply for Citizenship after 7 years of stay in Hong Kong.
In order to qualify for the HK QMAS program you to attain at least 80 out of maximum 195 points in the General Points Test or 195 Points in the Achievement Based Points Test. The points are calculated by the following factors.
Age: Should be between 18 and 50 years to achieve score points on Age.
Qualification: Should hold a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. from a recognized university to score points for qualification. Additional points can be scored if the qualification is from the top 100 universities or the top 30 colleges in the world.
Work Experience: Possess more than 2 years of full-time graduate-level work experience. Additional points can be scored if you have International exposure.
Language Proficiency: Have IELTS or TOEFL to score points in Language Proficiency.
Family Background: Accompanying Spouse and Child can increase your overall score.